This is what I make when someone doesn’t feel well, and has no appetite.
It’s very savory, and easy to digest. So, when you’re sick or have digestion problem, this could be really helpful. It also makes your body warm, so you can restore your energy soon!
4 Large shrimp(1.5oz/40g), carrot(1.5oz/40g), onion(1.5oz/40g), mushrooms(1.5oz/40g), rice(1cup), anchovy broth(or chicken broth. 2 cups), sesame oil(2T), salt(1T)
- Rinse 1 cup of rice three times and soak in water for 30 minutes (If you have no time, heat the rice with water for 3 minutes in Microwave)
- chop the onion
- Chop the carrot(Slice->Julienne->chop)
- Slice the stem of shiitake mushroom except the dirty bottom. Slice the cap and chop them up. Slice the stem of King Oyster mushroom, and chop them up.
- Peel raw shrimp starting underneath, where their legs are attached. Devein it by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back. Chop the shrimp flesh
- Heat the saucepan over low heat, and add 2T of sesame oil
- Add in chopped carrot and onion. Stir them with a heatproof spatula
- When the onions turn translucent, add in chopped shrimp. Stir them together
- Add in the drained rice(after 30-minute soaking), and stir them together
- Add in the chopped mushrooms, and stir together
- Pour 2 cups of broth(anchovy or chicken) and 2cups of water
- Stir together rice and vegetables over high heat. Rice can stick to the bottom. Keep scratching the bottom with wooden spatula to unstick the rice
- Let it boil over medium high heat for 10 minutes, and stir it sporadically. Rice are getting bigger
- When the porridge almost boils over, lower the heat and cook another 15 minutes . Stir them sporadically to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom. If you like soupy porridge you can add in 1~2 cups of water
- When the rice got very soft and the soup is thick enough, remove heat and serve it. Add salt to taste. You can also add roasted seaweed and sesame.