I think most Koreans are addicted to ramen, because it’s quick to make, and very tasty! Everyday
We heard a lot about some sports stars who were very poor, but survived all the hard trainings only eating cheap ramen! I don’t think the stars quit eating ramen after they became very successful.
I also tried to quit eating ramen many times, but couldn’t. So I decided to make ramen more healthful, although it’s instant noodles.
1 packet of instant Ramen including soup base, sliced rice cakes(3oz/90g) soaked in water, 1 large egg, green onions(1oz/30g), shiitake mushroom(0.7oz/20g), water(3cup)
1. Slice green onions diagonally
2. Slice shiitake mushroom
3. After soaking sliced rice cakes in water for 5~10 minutes, unstick rice cakes and drain.
4. Pour 3 cups of water into a saucepan. You need more water than the direction to cook the rice cakes.
5. Place the saucepan on the stove and bring the water to a boil over high heat
6. When the water boils, add in the noodles and the rice cake slices
7. Tear open the seasoning packet that came with your ramen. Pour 2/3 of the seasoning into the boiling water (whole packet of seasoning is too salty)
8. Add in the other soup base (dry ingredients)
9. Crack an egg into one corner of the pan. (in this way, you can make a poached egg) don’t stir it or mix it with noodles
10. Boil it for 3~4 minutes following the directions on package
11. When the cooking time is over, add mushroom slices and green onion slices. Turn off the heat and cover the pot.
12. Wait for 30 seconds to slightly cook mushrooms and green onions.
13. Transfer the noodle soup into a deep bowl, and place the poached egg on top. Ready to serve!